Old 21-10-2004, 07:55 PM
Shell

It sounds like you live in a truly wonderful place. Here we have a neighbor
who wants to kill the hedge between our yards just because they don't like
it. It's been there for over 30 years and was turning into a lovely small
tree border when they lopped it of to 3 foot tall (it had been 12) They
asked if they could "trim" the hedge. And one of the other neighbor's kids
is a junior thug-in-training and likes to put chunks of concrete through car
windows...

Hmmm I think I'll look into moving to your neighborhood

Shell

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in message
The message
from "Doug Kanter" contains these words:

"Sed5555" wrote in message

Sounds a bit like the water-storing polymers that are used in some

potted
plants, but I can't imagine why your neighbor would be adding them to

yours.

Kindness, or helpfulness because he too enjoys her potted plants?

There is a contagious lack of civility in neighborhoods these days.

People
should know that they shouldn't set foot in your garden without your
blessing.

How dismal, Doug.

On the other side of the coin, I've occasionally come home to find
people wandering or sitting in my gardens, just enjoying them.
Neighbours sometimes bring their visitors for a look-see.In summer, I
don't fill the birds' peanut feeders; but every so often, they are
mysteriously filled up with fresh nuts.. and new plants are anonymously
left on the porch. I don't know who does those kind things and rather
like it that way.

Janet. (Isle of Arran, Scotland).

---