Old 21-10-2004, 09:18 PM
Franz Heymann

"prologica" wrote in
message news

Hi All!
On my East facing wall is a very prominent and ugly exhaust vent

from
the CH boiler that i'd love to hide.

My thought was to build a trellis-based structure around it (the

timber
would probably be 18-24" away from the vent) and grow a climber/wall
shrub up it.

But which plant could stand the extremes of normal daytime
temperatures, hot exhausts during colder evenings as the CH kicks

in,
followed by sudden drop in temperature as the heating goes off for

the
night, before kicking in again around 6am? (Oh and it needs to be
evergreen or dense enough to perform the disguising job!. . .)

Any thoughts (lateral or otherwise) much appreciated.

My thoughts run along the lines that you should learn to love the
exhaust pipe and live with it

Franz