Old 22-10-2004, 01:49 AM
GA Pinhead

Dave:

I put them on cake cooling racks in the oven, with stem on, at 180 for a
couple of hours. Or a food dehydrator as was suggested.

As far as the brown ones, cut a couple open, any mold? Toss them.

Be careful when you crush them. One of *our* favorite hab stories is when
my wife was using the food processor to flake them. Worked great!

She then put cream on her face since she forgot to do that after her shower.

It only took an hour or so for her to be able to open her eyes... She was
very careful about her hands, it was the fine powder that had settled on her
face.

Finally some good pepper threads!

John!

"dave nuckles" wrote in message
om...
I've had a good batch of Habanero peppers this year and want to dry
some out to use as a seasoning throughout the year. I tried hanging
them from a string in the window (and it's been warm out) but most are
turning a dark brown from the inside which I fear may be rot rather
than drying. Can someone enlighten me as to the most efficient method
for drying? Would the brown ones be no good at this time?

thanks D-