Old 22-10-2004, 03:27 AM
Steve

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 11:22:45 -0500, "Bill Kerrell"
wrote:

We live within easy flight distance from the bay here in Pensacola. So we
had our visits from a Great Blue Heron. We were able to scare him away
several times. I covered the pond with screen. It looked terrible. So one
day I am at WalMart and in the garden dept found this 12" replica of a Barn
Owl. ($8.00 and change) Someone had said Herons will not come near Owls ?
Well it seems to have solved our problem. Every once in awhile I see him (or
Her) flying over at about 500' or so, but it keeps going. They do have very
good eye sight. I move the Owl around every couple of days. But the Heron
does not return. ... Solved a problem for us hope it helps someone ..
Bill
Pensacola, FL

I visited a trout hatchery last week They ran fishing line about a
foot apart a little bit above the water. They said it confused the
herons.

Steve