Old 08-02-2003, 11:01 PM
~ jan

Default Water Hyacinth

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 11:19:13 -0500 (EST), (REBEL JOE)
wrote:

I want to get a good start on my pond this summer. Can anyone tell me at
what temp. it has to be to put in water hyacinth. they worked real well
last summer when i built my pond at keeping the water clear,so I want to
put them in as soon as I can I'm in zone 5. Also I have some frogs when
can I do my spring cleannng so I don't wake them up to soon. thanks

In Zone 7a we wait till April, and then like Bonnie, cover with plastic as
needed. Though they can take frost I bet that's when they've been harden
off some, not when they've just arrived from sunny S.Ca. I know here those
who didn't protect them, if they didn't die out right, set them back. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a