Old 22-10-2004, 07:32 AM
Franz Heymann

"jay jay" wrote in message

Franz Heymann Wrote:
"HedgeWytch" wrote in
message ...-

Franz Heymann Wrote:-
"HedgeWytch"
wrote in
message ...-
-
[snip]

But this is not a forum. This is uk.rec.gardening, which is a
newsgroup. Why don't you participate in it directly, rather than
indirectly via Gardenbanter? If you do, you will be able to have
unmoderated access to our newsgroup.

[snip]--
-
Hi Franz,
I've never participated in a newsgroup before - how does one do-
that?

Use Outlook Express
Look in the LH column, marked "Folders"
Click on "news.xxxx.yyyy"
Click on "newsgroups"
Pick one
Subscribe to it. (Subscribing is free)
That's it.

The convention in newsgroups is to put your reply in the body of

the
thread, at the point to which you are replying, with a blank line
above and below.

The number of "" in a line allows you to keep tabs on how many
iterations back that line was written

Good luck

Franz

Hi Franz, I wonder if you could help me as well. I've never
participated in a newsgroup before and am trying to do the same as
HedgeWytch - however everytime I try this I come up against the
'Internet Connection Wizard' which asks me to type the name of the
Internet News (NNTP) server my Internet service provider has given

me -
do you know how I can find out what that is. I've been through

Outlook
Express 'Help' but not getting very far.

I think you will get there quickest by ringing the helpline of your
ISP.

Franz