Old 22-10-2004, 02:47 PM
FACE

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 1:45:07 -0400, Edward Reid in
rec.gardens wrote:

I can pull by hand IF I can get a
good enough grip without hurting my hands. IOW it's stronger than my
fingers but not stronger than my legs. Probably is stronger than my
fingers were even when I was young. And if there's a handful that are
stronger than my legs, I don't mind digging a few. Just not a few
hundred.

I am sure you are well-acquainted with the nuances of hand pulling unwanted
garden growth. Sudden brute force seldom works unless you just want to tear
off the plant at the ground. What does work, especially in getting out the
roots, is steady applied pressure. I am not talking about minutes, but 5-15
seconds.

FACE