Old 22-10-2004, 03:18 PM
Sterling

well, my "huskers red" Penstemon is in the same area with the lavenders
- which I keep on the dry side - and those Penstemon are doing very well.

Atlanta has had 5 years of bad drought so I have had to water some of
the flower beds, including those with the "sour grapes".

I'll try moving a couple of clumps to the "dryer" flower bed areas and
see. They are healthy, bushy and green - just no flowers...

Thanks. It is worth a try...

gregpresley wrote:
Penstemons are native to the southwest for the most part. Perhaps Atlanta's
climate is too wet and humid for them to bloom well?