Old 22-10-2004, 04:55 PM
John

In article ,
zippo4 wrote:

Hi
Can anyone suggest a quicker way of collecting leaves from a gravel
drive other than the very tedious method of rake and hand? I don't have
a huge gravel driveway but it is overhung by lots of trees and clearing
it is a very slow job.

Buy one of those blower-type things .... and make yourself unpopular
with the neighbours. (At least - neighbours like me!)

I have two old bits of 3-ply plywood, about 30cm by 45 cm; very light.
When the winds have dried out the leaves (and blown many of them into
piles already) I use one of the boards to waft the leaves on my gravel
into piles myself; then I use both boards to lift the piles into the
barrow. Unfortunately, the wafting business is very inaccurate, and I
sometimes think I could do with one of the those blower-type things ....

I see that you can buy (hey presto!) plastic equivalents of my bits of
plywood these days. These have very large saw-tooth edges at the
bottom side -- I wonder (actually) if these saw-tooths will do exactly
what you (and I) are looking for, now I think about it.

I saw them in my local garden centre and in the B&Q ... I'll 'ave a look
in the old Pound Shop tomorrow! Red plastic though - not as nice as
scruffy old plywood, 30 years old.

John