Old 22-10-2004, 05:44 PM
BAC

"prologica" wrote in message
news

Phil L Wrote:
Mike Lyle wrote:
snip
:: At all costs, as has already been pointed out, airflow in and
:: exhaust flow out mustn't be restricted. So we don't want anything
:: growing actually _on_ the protective grille, which rules out
:: climbers.

This is what worries me the most - people think 'ah well, the heat from
the
boiler will kill off any growth near the inlet' - It doesn't...in the
summer
months, when the boiler's inactive and the plants are going berserk,
this is
when it gets blocked...come Autumn, fire up the boiler and a housefull
of
carbon monoxide is the result.

Thanks to everyone for their helpful advice. This is obviously an
excellent forum!

Why not change your boiler, getting a more efficient one, and probably with
a neater smaller fan flue outlet, which would hopefully be far less of an
eyesore? My plumber friend tells me now is the time to do it, before the
regulations are tightened up again in April.