Old 22-10-2004, 10:01 PM
Mike Lyle

Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Mike Lyle wrote:

[...]
on the other hand, a bow saw with a brand new
blade is good enough for _most_ gardeners: what does it matter if

it
takes five minutes to cut through a branch instead of thirty

seconds?
If one needs a rest and a cup of tea half-way, well, why not?

Even for someone in fairly poor shape, 5 minutes with a bow saw is
quite a branch! c. 9" diameter apple or c. 6" diameter hawthorn,
I would reckon. Of course, I use a 30" bow saw with a blade in
decent condition ....

Su I'm just trying to put it in perspective. If one's got a lot to
do, then a power tool may be the answer; but most people probably
don't need petrol this, and electric that.

Mike.