Old 23-10-2004, 12:39 AM
ned

"bramble towers" wrote
in message ...

I have recently moved into a house with a very large pond. The

water is
brown & murky (muddy?) there are no plants growing in it & recently

found a dead fish floating in it. The pond is approximately 150

feet
long by at most 70 feet wide & I believe is lined with puddled clay.
The house particulars stated that it was a spring fed pond ( but
knowing estate agents, that may not be the case!).

I should quickly invest in a recirculating water pump to get some
oxygen back into the water.
Re feeding the fish, If the pond is in a poor state any overfeeding
will only make things worse.
But I'm sure that the fish would welcome something.

--
ned

http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk
last update 15.10.2004