Old 23-10-2004, 04:29 AM
Bill Stock

"Ka30P" wrote in message

Hmmm, well if you don't have snails....
Do you have access to a magnifying glass and flashlight? Let's get a good

luck
at these.
I think the thing you should be worried about is if these things eat

plants
since I think your OP said you were going to grow the plants indoors over

the
winter?
There are many pond critters that just eat detritus.
Anyway if you can isolate a couple of these things with some plant matter

and
then watch to see what they do...
Let us know!
(This is one of my favorite things to do, bring in odd and strange things

and
see what happens!)

I think they might be fly larvae.

They've got two body parts. a very small head and a larger body. Surrounded
by a bubble of oxygen. I can actually see them moving along the stems of the
Hornwort if I wait long enough.