Old 23-10-2004, 06:24 AM
Robert E A Harvey

jay jay wrote
Hi Franz, I wonder if you could help me as well. I've never
participated in a newsgroup before and am trying to do the same as
HedgeWytch - however everytime I try this I come up against the
'Internet Connection Wizard' which asks me to type the name of the
Internet News (NNTP) server my Internet service provider has given me -
do you know how I can find out what that is. I've been through Outlook
Express 'Help' but not getting very far.

Your ISP should have a help page giving these details - here are some
typical examples:
http://www.tiscali.co.uk/help/ataglance.html
- note the 'usenet' server name given
- typically it will only work when you
are dialled in to them.
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/help/otherh...enewssetup.htm

But it is possible, and indeed sometimes preferable, to use a
newsgroup feed other than your ISP. I use http://www.individual.net/
.. Once registered you can access newsgroups no matter what your
connection method. And thier setup help includes programmes other
than microsoft, something that the ISPs can rarely be bothered to to:
http://www.individual.net/config.html