Old 23-10-2004, 07:24 AM
Witchy Mama Witchy Mama is offline
Registered User

Location: Brisbane, Australia

ok well here is a photo of the "carrots". And yes I realise the soil looks pretty horrible, but yeah its this really red clay about 10cm under so I spend like 3 weeks just trying to dig it down enough lol...

http://home.ripway.com/2004-9/169110/carrot.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchy Mama
ok well this is the first time I have ever tried growing anything other then a cactus lol, I have carrots, tomatos, spring onions and corn currently planted but it is in early stages (carrots have been in for 2 weeks, others one week) and I was wondering what I should be looking for. I have been putting out what I know are weeds but where I planted my carrots I noticed there are some tiny little grass like "sprouts" I'm wondering would these be the carrots or weeks? I know that the tomatos are tomatos because they are in little containers with only potting mix so no problems there.
I will try and get a photo of the "carrots" if I get time today, but yeah if it is a weed I dont want it to get to bit cause man I leave them for a week and they really dig in...