Old 23-10-2004, 12:29 PM
JennyC

"prologica" wrote in message
news

You guys were so helpful with your responses on my CH vent query, I
thought i'd pose another one for you!

In a reasonably prominent position on a large lawn at my house are
three metal inspection covers (2 over the septic tank and the third
over the runaway channel), and a vent (which has a vertical height of
around 6") with some concrete visible between them (and I suspect more
under the grass around them). By the way, 2 of the covers are parallel
to each other and the third is at right angles to the second, if you
follow me!...the point being they are not in a neat line.

Any thoughts on disguising/distracting from these?

I've already considered:
- Making a border with the covers etc in the centre and plant spreading
prostrate evergreens to cover them (which would have to be pulled aside
for infrequent access to the tank)
- Building some kind of garden structure (eg a gazebo) on a raised,
skirted dais/platform, lightweight enough to be removed when
necessary.
- Plant some hedging around it - maybe even a hedge within a hedge so
that you enter a hedged area to reveal say a garden seat and a
concealed gap leads off into the hedged tank area. (I would stress that
the tank is carefully managed to remain odour-free!)

I know there are replacement inspection covers available into which
grass can be planted but this wouldnt disguise everything. I've also
thought about building planters to cover them but this would probably
look incongruous in a lawned area and access would be difficult with
that weight of soil.

Over to you!
David

You seem to have loads of ideas yourself :~))

What about a mini maze?
Jenny