Old 23-10-2004, 12:34 PM

In uk.d-i-y Kevin Walton wrote:
wrote in message ...

I bought a cordless 'lopper' from B&Q recently which is actually a
mini chainsaw. I wanted it for trimming bigg[ish] branches off trees
up our (7 acre) garden where I can't get the mains powered chainsaw
that I normally use.

I've been quite impressed with it in practice, it will cut through 4" or
even 5" oak tree branches without too much trouble. It won't do this
for long of course but I don't need it to. It cost £50. You can get
extra batteries for it. The charger turns itself off after
charging which is a good plus as well.

It's an 'own brand' B&Q.

Thanks Chris, I assume your talking about this item:

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/produc...RODID=18 5962

Unfortunataly although it is still on the website it is now
discontinued by B&Q - I have spoken to 1/2 a dozen B&Q stores and head
office

They might still have some at Ipswich (there was certainly more than
one there when I bough mine a week or two ago). The one on the web
site looks exactly like mine but claims to have "automatic chain
lubricant". Mine just has a little sqeezy bottle of oil that you
squirt on it at intervals.

--
Chris Green