Old 17-10-2004, 01:40 PM
GA Pinhead

"Penelope Periwinkle" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 11:48:23 -0400, "GA Pinhead"
wrote:

"Penelope Periwinkle" wrote in message

There's another I haven't grown in a few years. With the problems
I've had with bell peppers lately, I'm inclined to try other
kinds of sweet peppers.

I have been growing Figaro - they get 6+ feet tall so staking is a must.
Thick flavorful. Great for stuffing! I don't even grow bells anymore.

Six feet is very impressive! Did you grow them from seed, and if
so, where did you get the seeds?

Shepherds seeds - I have not checked Renee's yet, I buy a couple of year's
worth of pepper and tomato seeds at a time. Helps with supply problems...
like San Remo tomato that became hard to find last year.

My bamboo stakes made it 3 years but I am thinking of going with rebar, 8'
long. Never have to replace them again.

Happy gardening! John!