Old 16-10-2004, 06:26 PM
Miller

"tbell" wrote in message
Never anything stupid about trying to find an answer. If there were
never anyone with a question I could answer, I'd be very sad.
Some phals will do just as you describe, and in fact some folks will
deliberately invite a second bloom by cutting the spike of a wilted bloom
just above a lower node. Others worry that allowing a phal to bloom
sequentially will deplete the plant's resources. I've never had a problem
with that, although phal blooms last so long, that I'm usually ready to
put a
plant to sleep by cutting the spike at its base. Most will then bloom
annually.
It's perfectly normal for the lowest leaves to turn yellow and drop off
as new ones grow from the crown. Your plant sounds very healthy.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon CP 5700

Thank, Tom.