Old 16-10-2004, 10:33 PM
Alex Woodward

"Hal" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 19:20:12 GMT, "Alex Woodward" wrote:

I am getting conflicting advice when to stop feeding fish. Some say stop
feeding fish when they stop eating, while others say stop feeding when the
water temperature falls to 50F or below.

Which is it?

There are several opinions.
I've always trusted Purina because they have been manufacturing stock
animal feed a long time. Here is what they say:
http://www.mazuri.com/winter-koi-feeding.htm

I usually feed once a day if they will come up to eat, but my water
rarely gets below 40F and never gets more than a sliver of ice which
won't last a week and my fish don't stay inactive very long.

You are going to have to weed through the posts and make up your own
mind. I enjoy feeding mine and haven't lost any figuring it out and
I wish the best for you.

Regards,

Hal Zone 8

Many thanks.