Old 23-10-2004, 07:56 PM
Pam Moore

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 16:49:02 +0100, "Angus White"
wrote:

We have a very large Daphne bush and we would like to take cuttings. Is
this possible? We've been told that it is a very difficult plant to
propagate.

I remember hearing on GQT that they do NOT want bottom heat, rather a
cold frame maybe overwinter? I succeeded once (with d. odora
aureomarginaata) but that was my third try. Take 10 cuttings and you
might get 1 or 2.
On the other hand my Dad once stuck a bit in the ground which had been
in someones buttonhole at a wedding, and it rooted, so YOU might be
lucky too.

Pam in Bristol