Old 23-10-2004, 11:05 PM
ned

"ex WGS Hamm" wrote in message
news

"Janet Galpin" wrote in message

snip
I get through several sacks of mixed bird seed and of sunflower

seeds
each year. I haven't counted but I would guess at least six or

seven of
each. Peanuts go down much more slowly than seeds here

I have never counted how many 25 kilo sacks of mixed corn, wild

bird seed,
sunflower seed, pigeon food I go through,

snip

I get through 10 25Kg sacks of mixed seed a year plus about 15Kg of
peanuts.
I feed once a day (at dusk, so that there is food there at dawn) from
a 2L plastic drinks bottle dribbling the seed into a 12 inch flower
pot saucer, hanging from a tree.
The tree sparrows, chaffinches and tits lob all the corn and stuff
they don't want over the side for the Collared Doves, Pheasant and
Partridge down below.
'IF' anything is left in the saucer, it is chaff blown and returned to
the bottle for tomorrow.

--
ned

http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk