Old 24-10-2004, 02:29 AM
Philippe

"Shell" wrote in
om:

No clue here about web hosting but I just had to compliment you on the
littlefrogfarm.com name. Great name, brings up all sorts of images.

Now if I could find a way to access the net without going through one
of the big isp providers that would be great. SBC/Yahoo is terrible
about knocking one offline just when something important is being
downloaded.

Shell

"Rob Halgren" wrote in message
Anybody have a favorite web hosting service? I need to be able to
run perl and/or PHP, and access to a database would be nice... I can
get all of that through Michigan State, but they charge more than an
arm and a leg. I don't think they have taken a look at the market
lately.

Yes, I have root access to at least 5 web servers at work, but this
is a 'non-work' sort of thing - I don't think they would approve of
hosting littlefrogfarm.com Not that I've asked...

Rob

--

www.web.com is also very good.