Old 24-10-2004, 08:14 AM
Dave M. Picklyk

Default do SAEs often eat less algae as they get bigger?

I've had SAEs in my tank over and over again. They are awesome for cleaning
out hair algae. I know it's a small tank, only 15 gallons, but I usually
have 2-3 anyways. They are never aggressive and co-exist peacefully with my
school of Harlequin Rasboras. They get really huge in a few months and I
usually would just add them to the 48 gallon at work...but once that added
up to about 8 of them (a really cool school) I started trading them in at
the LFS for much smaller ones. They usually get about 3 inches long in my
tank. I notice usually as they get bigger they feed much less on the algae
on the leaves and eat more flake food from the surface or follow around the
other bottom feeders and eat shrimp pellets.

Opinions? Thanx.

Dave.