Old 24-10-2004, 03:51 PM
Jim Lewis

On 23 Oct 2004 at 23:40, Mark Hill wrote:

My next question is .... Other than visiting the local nursery and
purchasing a bunch of sacrificial trees, how does one "practice" the fine
art of wiring ?

By doing it. And you might just as well "do" it on a bonsai as
on an odd shrub in your yard. Your first few tries may be ugly,
but ugly never hurt anyone. Next year it'll look better. And
the year after that . . .

I hate to wire, but I'm slowly getting more or less proficient
at it. There's a fellow in our club who loves to wire. I'm
sure his trees get great FM reception.

And, as Walter probably showed you, it takes a combo of wiring
and fine pruning to make a tree look good. Of course, in MY
case, I reverse the process -- pruning, then wiring as a last
resort. ;-)

Jim Lewis - - This economy is a wholly
owned subsidiary of the environment. - Gaylord Nelson

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++