Old 24-10-2004, 05:19 PM
Anil Kaushik

Mark

Wiring is not *the fine art*! It is a SKILL which is honed with practice.
What you have to bear in mind is that you have to coil it around the branch
or the trunk like a Python dose it on its victim. You don't have to
constrict the branch nor keep it loose, it should just snug. And most
important is that you should select the right gauge. The
pliability/hardness of the wire should match that of the branch. I started
it doing it on a round pencil, then on the garden shrubs and now I think I
am quite good at it.

Anil Kaushik
Bonsai Club (India)
Chandigarh "The City Beautiful"

My next question is .... Other than visiting the local nursery and
purchasing a bunch of sacrificial trees, how does one "practice" the fine
art of wiring ?

Thanks again to all willing to share their experience, tips and tricks.

Mark Hill - Harrisburg PA (Zone 6b)

****

****

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++