Old 25-10-2004, 12:44 AM
Gene Heitman

I had a snail problem in two ten gallon tanks. I added a pair of dwarf
loaches to one and three to the other and the snails have almost completely
disappeared. Dwarf loaches are the smallest loaches available but they are
more expensive and less common than the zebra loach which should also do the
job. I have found the dwarf loaches to be very well behaved and fun to
watch. They have not disturbed the other fish in the tank at all. You can
read more about them at Loaches Online (http://www.loaches.com/).

Gene Heitman

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
I started up a plant tank with some pond plants about five weeks ago. I've
been doing this slowly, adding Trace Elements, C02, Macro Nutrients, etc.
This past week the plants started looking pretty good, although I think my
light levels are still too low (55 gal : 144 CF Watts). But now I have
snails. Stagnant Pond Snails I think. Could these things take five weeks
hatch?

I want to make this a Community Tank once I'm happy with the plants, so
what
tropical fish will eat the snails. I like the Clown Loaches, but they will
grow too big for this tank. Do any of the smaller Loaches like snails,
maybe
a Yoyo Loach?