Old 19-10-2004, 11:37 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Antipodean Bucket Farmer said:

Hi, Everybody,

Springtime here, and I just put in some cucumber
seedlings into 10-litre (2 and a half gal) buckets.
Any suggestions on leaving them to wander on the
surface, or supporting them?

One stake in the centre (tied with string), or three
stakes around the edge, in a tripod form, with strings
going between?

I first grew cucumbers up the antenna mast when I was a kid.
(Pre-cable, small town Indiana we needed a good sized tower
to pull in television stations.)

Vertical growing is great. The tripod with strings sounds like
the better idea.

(attributed to Don Marti)