Old 25-10-2004, 03:35 PM
Michael Persiano

Richard writes:

Perhaps someone could comment in more detail the ways in
which these trees are 'problems'. Or point me to a text that can explain
more. Who are the critics of this art?

Problems? );-)) Most should have such a problem.

Who are the critics? Everyone. Everyone is a critic of art. However, some opinions matter more than others. With this said, one of the toughest critics is time. The true test of art is time--endurance. Not the life of the tree per say, but the life of the concept, image, and artistic vision.

And yes, we want the tree to live long lives.

Who is the toughest critic? You should be of your own bonsai art.

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
members.aol.com/iasnob

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++