Old 25-10-2004, 06:40 PM
Doug Kanter

"IntarsiaCo" wrote in message
"Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without

authority
of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any
correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer

or
agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any

foreign
government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes

or
controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the

United
States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three
years, or both."

Kerry met in 1970, by his own admission, with delegations from the North
Vietnamese communist government and discussed how the Vietnam War should

be
stopped.

Looked at the tags clothing lately? Vietnam's becoming a happy little
capitalist country, regardless of their government. It probably could've
gotten there about 30 years faster without our so-called "help". Since
capitalism is what we WANT to see as a worldwide system (supposedly), Kerry
may have done us a favor, if his efforts in any way sped things up.