Old 25-10-2004, 09:04 PM
Doug Kanter

"Wing" wrote in message
om...
My wife and I bought a couple Weeping Willows for our back yard a
couple years ago. This year, we had a pool built in the back as well.
The pool isn't just done yet, but, a friend informed me that Weeping
Willows' roots extend very far and can tear up pipes and such. How
true is this? Do they only stretch out a certain distance? Right now
they are on the very back of my yard, it's about a 10-15ft rise. On
the other side of the hill there's a sort of dip where it stays wet
for long periods after it rains. I guess it was the builders' attempt
in making a drainage path. These Willows are still young but they're
growing fast and are so beautiful, we really don't want to get rid of
them. Thanks!

-Wing

Maybe a pond would be a better idea than a pool. :-)