Old 25-10-2004, 09:37 PM
Jim Carlock

"Doug Kanter" sayeth:
...which is exactly what I tried yesterday. Some mowers might
handle thick buildup, but mine didn't. Oh well. Someone should
design a mower patterned after a cow: More than one stomach
(or mulching chamber, as it were).

LOL Brings back memories...

I ruined a mower when I was kid. The grass grew to one
foot high and it was my turn to mow!

The mowers should have bigger engines. That nice 454 cubic
inch in the '71 Buick Riviera would have worked great! Or
was it a 455? I know it had a Rochester four-barrel carb.

The day I traded the broken lawn mower for the Buick, the
Buick ran out of gas as I drove it into the driveway.

Ended up getting a riding lawnmower and I broke the belt
on that. Those lawnmowers don't like high grass. If the
grass is high, ya just have to go real slowly, an inch at a
time. The 5 minute mowing won't work.

--
Jim Carlock
Post replies to the newsgroup.

"SugarChile" indicated...
I do it every year, it works like a charm, and provides some
organic material to feed the lawn. The trick is to mow several
times over a period of days or weeks as the leaves are falling,
so you're not trying to tackle a thick buildup.