Old 25-10-2004, 05:53 PM
Cereus-validus.

Why should Archie bother doing real research when he can post incredibly
stupid questions in this newsgroup?

For him to do a simple Google search would be too much like doing work.

"Monique Reed" wrote in message

Archimedes Plutonium wrote:

I suspect there is not a single plant seed or leaf when eaten can kill a
person. I guess that these plant poisons have to be taken in quantity
such as the Yew berry in order to kill a person. So has any scientist
made a precise data sheet on poisons?

Yes. There are books and books and books on poisonous plants. I
suggest _The AMA Handbook of Poisonous and Injurious Plants_. And
yes, there ARE plants that are so toxic that one seed (e.g., Abrus),
if chewed, can be fatal. Likewise, a small smear of Cicuta sap would
be enough to do you in.

M. Reed