Old 26-10-2004, 12:02 AM
Matt C.

Default Which T8 bulbs in DIY hood

Hi all,
I just built a 30" light strip for my 29G tank. It holds 3 24" T8 bulbs
with a parabolic reflector built in, and a remote electronic ballast. I am
looking to find out what is the best combination to sufficiently light my
plants and show off my fish. I have a moderate to heavily planted
tank -about 85% of the bottom is planted. Most plants are young, so i have a
lot of light penetration all the way to the gravel. Here is what I was
thinking- using 2-ZooMed flora sun bulbs at 18W and something like
1-Coralife 10,000K 18W. Would this provide enough light for plants and still
show off the true color of the tank and fish? I have neon's and Glo-lights
which look really good under the right color light.

--
Matt C.
http://home.comcast.net/~briarbushbrewery/