Old 26-10-2004, 12:48 AM
Gail Futoran

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
I started up a plant tank with some pond plants about five

weeks ago. I've
been doing this slowly, adding Trace Elements, C02, Macro

Nutrients, etc.
This past week the plants started looking pretty good,

although I think my
light levels are still too low (55 gal : 144 CF Watts).

But now I have
snails. Stagnant Pond Snails I think. Could these things

take five weeks to
hatch?

I want to make this a Community Tank once I'm happy with

the plants, so what
tropical fish will eat the snails. I like the Clown

Loaches, but they will
grow too big for this tank. Do any of the smaller Loaches

like snails, maybe
a Yoyo Loach?

In my tanks my Skunk botia seem to do a better
snail-eating job than the Yo-Yo loaches (different
species are in different tanks).

Gail

---
10/15/2004