Old 25-10-2004, 11:07 PM
Stephen M. Henning

Kenneth wrote:

I am considering running my mulching mower over our lawn rather than
raking the (modest amount) of leaves off...

I have been doing that for 40 years and wouldn't do it any other way.

The leaves I have are usually dry and "fluffy". If they are two heavy
in one area, they get pushed in front of the garden tractor until the
load evens out, so they all get mulched eventually. I go over the lawn
every week until the leaves stop falling. My leaves are a mixture of
oak, ash, Bradford pear, ginko, and assorted leaves that blow in from
the surrounding forest.