Old 26-10-2004, 05:04 AM
Karen

Default help with fish

Hi,

One of my older goldfish is displaying odd behavior and I don't know what to
make of it. First he's swimming, alot, and he's wriggling like a worm, with
seeming great effort to move about. He's skimming the surface and will mouth
food, but doesn't seem to be able to take it in. Sometimes he keeps this up
for 45 mins to 1 hr, then sinks to the bottom of the 2 ft area and just lays
there.

There are no signs of anything wrong, fins are up, scales good, eyes clear and
gills are cherry. All the other fish are moving about but slowly kinda
gliding along, staying in the shallows where it's warm from the sun.

I've shut down the big filter/waterfall and pulled the basket filter from the 3
ft area. Plants are still green, lilies are cut and dropped water temp about
60.

I'm afraid if this guy keeps swimming like he is he'll not make it thru the
winter, he'll use all his reserves now and I'm not sure what to do. Any
thoughts.

Thanks
Karen
Zone 5