Old 20-10-2004, 11:47 PM
Jim Lewis

On 20 Oct 2004 at 13:17, Kitsune Miko wrote:

--- Jim Lewis wrote:

the
varnish, or lacquer, or polyethylene, or wood
hardener, will
offer considerable protection because they seal the
wood away
from nasty thingies.

Interestingly enough big tree people (arborists) will
not seal dead wood because of locking in nasty
thingies.

Yeah, that's true, but that's for "big" trees that have limbs
cut, then are ignored and "never" looked at again.

We, on the other hand, are constantly examining our trees and
pampering them and will/would/should notice those nasty thingies
if, perchance, we sealed one in. ;-)

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --