Old 20-10-2004, 06:21 PM
simy1

Penelope Periwinkle wrote in message . ..
On 19 Oct 2004 17:25:33 -0700, (simy1) wrote:

well, if you have borers, plenty of space, and no slugs, your vine
will root more readily, be healthier and produce more if you leave it
down. In my case, down is better. You can also feed 150 of your
closest friends with the harvest.

Growing it on the ground will reduce the problem with borers?
For real?

more chances for the vine to root and survive the attack. And a vine
that has rooted in several places is more productive than one that has
only one set of roots. I had one this summer that rooted in five
places. That was one cucumber factory.

Penelope