Old 26-10-2004, 02:34 PM
Dwight

Default John Deere 210 PTO won't disengage

Hello,

I have a '74 JD 210 Garden Tractor that is in excellent condition and
runs like a top.

My problem is that the PTO won't disengage after the motor is warmed
up. I use it for mowing, this presents a few safety issues, and makes
it difficult to start with the blades engaged. After the motor cools
down the clutch assembly pops free.

Has anyone else encountered anything like this, is there something I
can do or adjust to correct the problem? Or is something in need of
replacement. I've adjusted the belt tension and that didn't help.

Thanks for your help.