Old 26-10-2004, 02:43 PM
TRAINMAN9

I just read in Growing Orchid by Wilma and Brian Rittershausen, a technique
using mini greenhouse made with smal segregated container and New Zealand
moss.
Is this a good way too?

We used to use clear plastic sweater boxes. They are inexpensive and hold up
well. You can punch holes in the sides of the box using a soldering iron to add
some ventilatin. Line the bottom with spagnum to hold moisture and put the
community flat on top.

The best method we found for deflasking was to use warm water to desolve the
agar and then wash off each of the seedlings. They were then potted into
community flats and placed into the sweater boxes.