Old 20-10-2004, 03:26 AM
Penelope Periwinkle

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 20:49:36 -0500, "Thomas"
scythicon311@yahoo(dot)com wrote:

Is the "scoville" unit scale not working for you?

Uh, no.

What do you think those numbers mean to someone who's
never seen the scale and barely knows the difference in a
bell pepper and a cayenne? The idea is to get a feeling for what
*they* define as hot or mild so I am better able to give them
peppers that they'll enjoy. The problem is a matter of
translation, not of lacking information about the peppers.

I doesn't sound nearly as
"kewl" as the "Old El Paso" scale but it is a good reference point.
Try this link.
http://www.chile-pepper-sauces.com/scoville.html

For whom? Most of my peppers aren't on any Scoville
list I've ever seen. Besides, I already know how hot they
are.

Penelope

"ElissaAnn"