Old 26-10-2004, 08:20 PM
Katra

In article ,
"Bob" wrote:

When I was a kid, my dad tried to capture an armadillo as described below.
It was not pretty. Armadillos become ferocious when they're dangling from
their tail. I'd recommend a tranquilizer or some body armor if you go this
route.

What happened???

I was not kidding about ME catching them this way!
I've done it about 6 times.

They do have dangerous claws, but when you hold them by the tail, they
are totally helpless! I hold them away from my body and have never even
been scratched. "Ferocious???" All they do is try to "run" in the air.
They are incapable of biting you.

I've caught possums the same way with the help of my dogs, but that's
quite a bit more dangerous. ;-) With them, I either have a club or an
open cage handy.....

K.
--
Sprout the MungBean to reply
arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather