Old 26-10-2004, 10:25 PM
escapee

"Wing" wrote in message
. com...
My wife and I bought a couple Weeping Willows for our back yard a
couple years ago. This year, we had a pool built in the back as well.
The pool isn't just done yet, but, a friend informed me that Weeping
Willows' roots extend very far and can tear up pipes and such. How
true is this? Do they only stretch out a certain distance? Right now
they are on the very back of my yard, it's about a 10-15ft rise. On
the other side of the hill there's a sort of dip where it stays wet
for long periods after it rains. I guess it was the builders' attempt
in making a drainage path. These Willows are still young but they're
growing fast and are so beautiful, we really don't want to get rid of
them. Thanks!

-Wing

Then be prepared for the possibility of them perforating the pool walls. Willow
roots are very aggressive and will cut through concrete and burst through pipes
and anything in their way. So, keep the trees if you aren't concerned about
your pool possibly being punctured. Even unite can be punctured.