Old 27-10-2004, 01:10 AM
Penny Morgan

If you call the Raleigh Waste Center on New Hope Rd., you can get pricing
for leaf mulch. I think it's $12 per pickup load which equates to about 2.5
cubic yards. I hired a guy with a dump truck to haul 2 loads for a total of
10 yards of leaf mulch. This covers 1,000 square feet with 2-3 inches of
leaf mulch. It breaks down naturally and feeds the plants. The dump truck
guy charged $60/hr and it took about 4 hours total to deliver everything and
dump it.

So for about $300, I got lots of good compost/leaf mulch and covered huge
areas with it. Hope this helps.

Penny
N. Raleigh
"Gene Hubert" wrote in message
om...
I need a massive amount of mulch of something that will break down
within about a year. Like hay or straw or leaves. I don't want wood
chips. I don't care if the leaves were composted or fresh.

Does anyone know where this could be had? I would need it delivered
to north Durham.

I've considered buying some of those large round bales of hay but
they're fairly pricey and small bales cost even more. If I could find
some hay that was no longer good for cow food that would be ideal.

Thanks much,
Gene H.