Old 22-10-2004, 12:19 PM
Theo

Jim Lewis wrote:

Lime sulfuring of deadwood is another of those slavish, follow-
the-leader techniques of bonsai-dom. (IMHO)

The UGLIEST lime sulfuring I see regularly down here is on bald
cypress which NEVER have white bleached deadwood (except when
sitting on bonsai tables).

I agree with you all these sophisticated plants we drool before
exibitions are nit *reality* are sophistications of reality .. and often
grotesque ..
Instead if systemic anti fungal paste is applied and
after drying, is brushed off with a nylon bursh, it looks better and
protects the wood from fungi.

I use lemon( citric acid) and sea salt when I do small ones..
to keep a little branch ,instead of cutting it off as unnecessary

I do NOT make jins as most of trees are far too young to do that ...
and I do not do yamadori .. have no room to stock huge bonsais

MSN messanger / or ICQ 25 666 169 4
Private Mail :