Old 27-10-2004, 01:58 AM
Spud Demon

(DavesVideo) writes in article dated 25 Oct 2004 16:30:55 GMT:
LOL! yeah, at -200 degrees.

And a high of about +68 degrees. I guess nothing can grow there just like in
Alaska where it can get down to -90. We know there are no plants in Alaska.

I suspect you could have a nice lichen garden, but anything else would have to
be in a green house.

Light intensity would be a problem too. Because Mars is farther away from
the Sun, it gets only 43% of the light intensity. So the Martian equator at
the equinox is about as bright as Fairbanks, AK.

-- spud_demon -at- thundermaker.net
The above may not (yet) represent the opinions of my employer.