Old 20-10-2004, 04:15 PM
wendy7

Yes I have the version 6.0, service pack2 on an XP?
Rob, I noticed that when I clicked on the "Hurrican" link this is
what was the-
http://www.orchidislandorchids.com/Hurricane

I tried adding /html, but nada,nill,nix,nothing,zilch,zero?
I so badly want to see the hurrican pics?
--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Rob Halgren wrote:
wendy7 wrote:

Hmmm? Thanks Rob, but I have both & use FireFox browser then tried
IEx still just the code?

Could be. I didn't have a problem viewing it with IE. That's
version 6.0, service pack2 on an XP. All of those little bits are
important, because although it is easy to write javascript, it is hard
(very hard) to write it so that it works with all versions of all
browsers. It has to be worth a lot of money to you (say, if you're
amazon.com or ebay) to go through that much trouble. Most places (my
workplace included) just try to support the most common browsers (we
do mozilla/firefox and IE).

This is why any website I actually work on for my own purposes
sticks to plain HTML tags and maybe a CGI script or two. It is
boring. But I'm boring. Don't need dancing bears or singing frogs
(that would be cool, actually), and most people forgive you if you
don't have slick graphics as long as you give them information in a
useable manner. If I need the fancy stuff I hire a professional (or
my coworker, who is a prodigy with that sort of stuff). Besides, I
don't even have time to repot, when am I going to work on the
website? *grin*
Rob