Old 26-10-2004, 10:34 PM
Ray

After more than 30 years of orchid growing, I still vote with "old-timers"
that taught me way-back-when, and support NOT artificially raising the
daytime temperature of greenhouses, but letting solar heat gain do the work.

Light is a more important factor to healthy plant growth than is warmth.
Artificially warming the GH on gray days will result in leggy, soft growth
that in extreme cases cannot support its own weight, let alone that of added
blossoms.

Save your money and buy a single-setpoint thermostat, set it to the minimum
temperature you'd like your plants to experience, and let it go at that.

..
wrote in message
Does anyone have a source for a waterproof programmable termostat for
a greenhouse that can control a 110v heater?