Old 21-10-2004, 10:31 AM
Ray

I would be wary of using a household "bomb" on a collection of plants. They
are designed to kill bugs in structures, not plant collections.

I would use a two-step approach: Orthene WP as a knock-down, immediate
killer (it is also systemic, so will have some residual action), then Enstar
II, an insect growth regulator, which prevents maturation - hence
reproduction - to rid the collection of the critters entirely.

..
"Noochka One" wrote in message
. ..
Hi all,

I'm new to the group so if this question has been recently asked and
answered, please excuse me: Has anyone tried using a commercial "bug
bomb" such as Raid or Black Flag to treat insect infestations on large
numbers of plants? My collection of paphs has become infested with
mealbugs and nothing I use seems to be having any effect. Can anyone
offer any insight or suggest another method of treating these critters
in bulk?